Thursday, January 3, 2013

Toddler Colada!

Have you seen the Yonanas machine that makes frozen bananas into a soft serve like treat? For Christmas, a mom on my favorite Facebook parenting group received one of these. Other moms chimed in about their experiences with this fancy contraption. Like the compulsive hoarder I am, I began researching the ins and outs of this magical treat making machine! I knew I had to have one! My sweet little Punkin Toddler was being deprived because I was unable to make her or her brother "The Pre-Teen" delicious, wholesome soft serve treats! Another realization and confirmation of my misguided SAHM skills or lack there of!

Well, I finally calmed my shopping compulsions and remembered the Ninja Pulse blender that was my "Yonanas" machine of the 2011 holiday season. I have been freezing the bananas that Pumpkin Toddler has been half eating for quite some time now. I decided to pull out my Ninja Pulse and start my blending and seeing what I could come up with!

As a child, I loved going to the county fair or Disneyland and getting a chocolate dipped frozen banana on a stick. Shoot, I still love them. My first attempt was ok. Plain old banana blended with homemade chocolate sauce made by Misguided Husband. It was ok. "The Pre-Teem" loved it but I don't know how much I trust his uncultured palette! Misguided Husband liked it but he likes anything with chocolate, especially his homemade chocolate sauce. Off to the freezer I went and was thrilled to find all of the ingredients to make a toddler version of my favorite type of "Mama Juice".

I give you. . . The Toddler Colada!

Toddler Colada Soft Serve/Smoothie

1 frozen banana
1 cup cubed frozen pineapple
1 tablespoon Cream of Coconut (like the kind for Mama Deinks) or Coconut Milk
       (the kind in the Asian market or aisle at the grocery store)

Blend or food process your frozen banana and pineapple. This could take several minutes of blending and scraping the sides of the container. As the fruit begins to thaw, the consistency gets much better and very creamy! At the end, add you coconut milk or Cream of  Coconut and blend until combined. Serve in a bowl, parfait cup or scoop into my favorite The Yummi Pouch.

I may sub out the coconut for some Greek yogurt next time to add a little protein boost!

Happy blending!

No comments:

Post a Comment