Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Musings of a Misguided Semi Stay-at-Mom

There is nothing like saying something out loud to get you motivated. At the middle school I teach/taught at, we call it "ownership". On January 1, 2013, I said it out loud! I feel like an incompetent Stay-at-Home Mom (SAHM)! How would a moment of ownership like this happen, you may wonder. 

I was in the car with my Mom (i.e. Misguided Grandma) and my daughter, on our way home from Walmart. Yes, I shop there sometimes. No, I don't want to hear about how horribly they treat their employees. I live in a community that only has a Walmart, Safeway, Fred Meyer/Kroger, and a local grocery store called Red Apple  I see how they treat their employees. Back to my ownership moment. . .

I boldly told Misguided Grandma that I feel like a failure at being a Stay-at-Home. I rarely cook, I can barely keep up on the housework or laundry, I never take my toddler to classes or morning play groups or story time. I had to wonder. . . What the heck am I doing then?  

I used to be Super Mom! I taught middle school, was a single mom, had a social life, managed my household and was able to keep up with most of the laundry. . . The important stuff anyway. 

Fast forward 4 years, I have Misguided Husband, my 11 year old "The Pre-Teen" and our 18 month old daughter "The Punkin". All of that PLUS a house twice the size of the last. 

So here I am. In year two of being a semi SAHM (I work part time) and I still don't have the picture perfect home, the most creative and well behaved children or a personal recipe book or craft room of all the amazing things I've been doing. What do I have?

A reason to blog. :-) Call it free therapy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment